Search This Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2012

No Shootings or Murders in City for 24 Hours - Yes, This Is News

Unfortunately, this is big news for Chicago. For a whole 24 hour period, not one murder was committed and no shootings were reported.

Were there shots fired? Of course there were.
There were shots fired and folks tried to quite possibly kill someone, its just that maybe the victims were running too fast or the one with the gun had bad aim.

Police Supt. Garry McCarthy attributed this shit to the tremendous hard work of the men and women in blue.
Sorry, but no Superintendent, I think the potential criminals got a little creative with crime.

And not so fast Police Supt. Garry, I would not have a news conference with my chest out, discussing our 24 hour sabbath from extreme crimes.
It's not as if those reckless idiots out there need extra incentive to act crazier. Now, they have to make up for lost time by committing more violent acts - you know, make it really count.

I'm not one of those people that needs a false sense of security from the media. I know my city, we'll pick right up where we left off.

You tell me everything is ok and I'll tell you it isn't. You could tell me the sky is blue and I'll argue that it's green.
What I'm trying to say is that I don't believe everything someone says - as Whitney would say, "show me the receipts".

When crime across the board drops for more than a couple of weeks, where you can actually see a trend, then give me a call.

Honestly, until that happens, Chicago murder free for 24 hours, is not something to brag about.

No comments:

Post a Comment